Call for applications : i-Portunus
i-Portunus is a project, selected and funded by the Creative Europe programme of the European Union, to trial a mobility scheme for artists and culture professionals. It is managed by a consortium headed by the Goethe-Institut with Institut français, Izolyatsia and Nida Art Colony of Vilnius Academy of Arts.
Between April and September 2019, i-Portunus will issue three Calls for Applications, providing support for 350-500 short-term (15-85 days), international mobilities of artists active in the fields of the performing or visual arts and residing in a Creative Europe country (see list opposite). These mobilities must have a specific and well-defined objective, such as to develop an international collaboration, to engage in a production-oriented residency or in professional development, to present work in another country or to develop projects with local communities in the destination country.
With projects like i-Portunus, the Creative Europe programme of the European Union will be conducting trials on how to best facilitate cross-border mobility for artists. This type of mobility will become a permanent Action under the Creative Europe programme for 2021-2027.
To apply, you should create an account and complete an application form in English on: my.i-portunus.eu before the deadline indicated in ‘Timetable’ in the Call for Applications. After this deadline, you will not be able to modify your application.
You will be asked to provide the following types of information:
- Personal details
- Work experience
- Details of your planned mobility (dates, destination, method of transport)
- Information on your project (description, need for mobility, preparation, impact)
As well as the following documents (in PDF format):
- A 1-page CV
- A portfolio (max 10 pages)
- Relevant documents supporting your mobility plan, for example: invitation letters, meeting confirmations, co-production agreements etc. (max 5 pages)
- A signed Declaration on Honour, confirming your eligibility and stating that you do not fall within the Exclusion Criteria.
Please download the full list of requirements here: Call for Applications.