International call for applications for the competition of the 28th Chaumont-sur-Loire International Garden Festival, the Domain of Chaumont-sur-Loire
For the 28th Chaumont-sur-Loire International Garden Festival, the Domain of Chaumont-sur-Loire is holding an international competition for 20 plots of around 210 m2 .
THEME OF THE 2019 COMPETITION:
GARDENS OF PARADISE
Is Paradise not the abode of the souls of the just and of the angels? A place of innocence and delights to which all of humanity aspires, is it not the dream of infinite happiness that has guided spirits for millennia? And, for all of eternity, has the garden not been the figuration of Paradise, with the purifying water of fountains, the refreshing shadow of trees, the delightful scent of flowers, the gentle freshness of evening breezes…? Incidentally, don’t the words run into one another? As we know, “Pairidaēza” means “garden” in Persian. In this Paradise that awaits invention and suggestion, technology and nature must “meet harmoniously” and human beings must work together to foster a better world represented by marvellous gardens. The designers of the 28th edition of the International Garden Festival must offer the reflection of that Utopia and those irresistible gardens with techniques and scenographies that are new, inventive, imaginative, and daring, as well as extraordinary plants.
The complete theme description is available after registration on www.domaine-chaumont.fr under the 2019 contest section.
This call for applications is open
• to landscape architects with a specialised school or university qualification or who are members of the of the EFLA [European Foundation for Landscape Architecture] or another recognised landscape organisation for countries outside Europe,
• to multidisciplinary teams, comprising for example architects, engineers, designers, set designers or artists, preferably with a landscape architect or a botanist within this team,
• to students from landscape, architecture or design schools, who can provide evidence of a landscape option and whose teacher will be the team’s agent.
The following people are excluded from this call for applications
• designers who have already created a garden at Chaumont-sur-Loire during the last three years
• members of the jury and their close family
The Domain of Chaumont-sur-Loire reserves the right to invite selected guests to take part outside the competition.
The call for applications dossier can be downloaded from our website www.domaine-chaumont.fr (2019 contest section) after registration beforehand. It comprises:
• The specifications present the theme in detail and the technical constraints associated with the design of a garden on the Chaumont-sur-Loire site (soil, aspect, visitors, plants, etc.).
• The regulations lay out the process for the call for applications and itemise the rules for taking part in the competition. Administrative evidence (information form, legal status and qualification or membership of the EFLA) will be placed in a first envelope. The tender project will be placed in a second envelope which will only be opened if the administrative documents are valid on the date the bids are opened.
No payment is planned for taking part in this call for applications. Payment of designers chosen for the 2019 festival, along with the budget allocated for creating the gardens, are fixed in the call for applications dossier.
Closing date for receiving the garden projects:
• Thursday the 19th of October 2018 before 5:00 pm
Contact Elizabeth Mettling
Tel: +33 (0) 631 553 766
Klik om meer foto’s te zien