Residencies programme | Institut français & Cité Internationale des Arts | 2020 call for application
These partners associated with the artist may be establishments belonging to the French cultural network abroad (Instituts françaises, Cultural Services of French Embassies, Alliances françaises) and/or French or foreign cultural structures (art centres, associations, multidisciplinary laboratories, galleries, museums, contracting structures, theatres, production locations for dance and street arts, concert halls, foreign festivals, etc. In France, priority will be given to applications submitted by the Ministry of Culture.)
The artist must:
- be engaged in professional life
- speak French and/or English
- provide evidence of previous work
- be independent in the management of the residency
- be free from professional obligations throughout the period of the stay
There is no age limit.
- A short summary of the project concerned
- The artist’s contact information (postal address, e-mail, phone no.)
- Details on the project in progress
- Information on aid and residencies already obtained in the past
- In an attached file, a CV and brief summary of the CV
- In an attached file, an artistic file
- A specific project for the residency, attached file (max. 5 pages)
- 3 photographs of the project, as well as 1 portrait of the artist with captions and copyright
- A copy of his/her passport
- A signed statement ensuring that the works to be presented are by the artist
- Links to audio or video websites for excerpts when needed
- Press articles (optional)
The associated partner submitting the application must:
- Commit in writing to handling the artist’s travel and/or living expenses, and possibly indicate the financial commitment of the other partners involved in the project;
- Provide an explanatory note on the reasons why it is supporting the artist’s application, indicating explicitly how it intends to promote the winner’s work during and following his/her residency.
Submission of applications: until 30 August 2019, included
Selection committee: September 2019
Notification of Results: October 2019
Residencies will take place from the beginning of January 2020
Beyond the evaluation of the candidate’s professional career, particular attention is paid to the quality of the project, the necessity of spending time in Paris, the agreement for the work envisaged and contacts established in France with arts centres, cultural structures, artists, curators, critics, researchers etc. These figures will act as advisers, networking aids and a support system during and after the residency. An advisory committee chaired by the Deputy Director General of the Institut français, composed of experts from the Institut français and representatives of the French Cultural Network abroad, the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Culture, the National Centre of Visual Arts and the Cité internationale des arts examines all applications. The committee reserves the right to reject any project without having to justify this decision. Its decisions are final.
Applications submitted directly by artists will not be considered. They must be submitted by the associated partners via the IF Prog platform.
Fanny Rolland firstname.lastname@example.org
Mathilde Lajarrige email@example.com
Artists may present a research project on a topic/theme of their choice, within the disciplines mentioned here after: Architecture/Landscaping/Urban planning, Visual arts, Street arts, Street arts/Puppets, Digital arts, Comic arts, Cinema/Animated cinema/ Creation documentary Exhibition curator, Design, Graphic arts, Literature/Children’s literature, Art trades, Current music, Classic & contemporary music, Music for film and video games, Virtual reality
TERMS OF RESIDENCE
The Institut français provides the artists with studio housing at the Cité Internationale des Arts in Paris. The partner associated with the artist, in France or abroad, finances the artist's travel and/or living expenses and carries out the process of submitting the artist's application.
DURATION OF THE STAY
3 or 6 months
Klik om meer foto’s te zien