Van Dongen Study Scholarships: The 2021-2022 call for applications is open until 30 April 2021
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS 2021-2022
Van Dongen Study Scholarships are offered to students enrolled in Dutch higher education who wish to study for a master’s degree in art or design in France.
Since 2001, more than 140 students from all Dutch universities have already had the opportunity to study or do an internship in France thanks to the Descartes Study Scholarships or the Descartes Fellowships. Hosted in institutions recognized for the high quality of their teaching, these students were able to perfect their initial training in different disciplines.
The Van Dongen Study Scholarships are reserved for students with a serious, coherent and motivated study project in France. It is therefore essential to be well informed about the possibilities to study in France before applying for a scholarship.
Students are invited to contact the Institut français des Pays-Bas if they wish to receive information on higher education in France.
- Monthly allowance: Approximately 700€ per month for ten months
- Coverage of tuition fees (within the limit of 5,000 €) and social security
- Various advantages linked to the status of French government scholarship holder (housing subsidy, cultural activities, etc.)
- Students with at least a Dutch Bachelor’s degree, enrolled in a Dutch higher education institution
- All nationalities are eligible, except French nationality
- Arts: Drawing, sculpture, painting, photography, digital arts, video, comics, music, performing arts, etc.
- Design: Object design, interior and space design, graphic design, social design, fashion, textile design, culinary design, etc.
Level of French
- French is not compulsory; it will be assessed according to the training chosen and the language of instruction.
Submission of applications
The deadline for applications if 30 April 2021.
The application file must include the documents listed below and be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CV with picture
- Cover letter, specifying how the study project in France is related to your academic and professional projects
- Copies of university degrees and transcript of records with grades
- Two letters of recommendation from a teacher or professional
- Copy of your registration or acceptance if you have already been accepted by a French university or school
The pre-selected candidates will present their applications to a jury, composed of representatives from the academic world, the Institut français des Pays-Bas and/or companies at a later date.
Terms and conditions
It is the applicant’s responsibility to make all necessary arrangements with the selected universities or higher education institutions. As the deadlines for academic and administrative registration vary from one institution to another, it is strongly recommended that applicants do not wait until the award of scholarships to contact universities.
The definitive award of the scholarship will be effective only after acceptance of the candidate by one of the French institutions previously chosen. The award of scholarships does not constitute or replace acceptance and registration with a French institution of higher education.
Van Dongen Study Scholarships may not be combined with other scholarships awarded by the French government, AUF or Erasmus+ grants.
The selected candidates undertake to follow the program for which the scholarship was awarded, inform the Institut français des Pays-Bas regularly of the progress of their stay, and participated on their return in certain activities organized around the scholarship program and the France Alumni Pays-Bas network.
- 30 April: deadline for applications
- Mid-May: Presentation to a jury
Klik om meer foto’s te zien